September 21st, 2017
Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong will celebrate the season for art with the Warhol Art Package featuring the “Warhol in China” photography exhibition. This will also include the access to two major art fairs taking place simultaneously – Art Basel Hong Kong and Art Central Hong Kong. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is just steps away from Art Central at the Central harbor front and a short distance from Art Basel at the Convention and Exhibition Center. The iconic Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning services and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is a much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The hotel’s spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city’s skyline. A collection of 10 outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin Stars, a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, an indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center.Between 20 March and 2 April 2017 in collaboration with Phillips auction house, the “Warhol in China” photography exhibition will be showcased at the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong. Open to the public, the exhibition will present a rare set of over 200 photographs taken by Andy Warhol during his visit to Hong Kong and China in 1982. The photos will also include Warhol’s stay at the hotel. This collection of works will be auctioned by Phillips at Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong on 28 May 2017.
Warhol Art Package
This exclusive accommodation package is perfect for all art aficionados visiting the city. Guests can enjoy an array of privileges, including:
• Overnight accommodation in a luxurious room
• Three Day pass for two guests to Art Basel Hong Kong (between 23 and 25 March 2017)
• VIP pass for two guests to Art Central Hong Kong (between 20 and 25 March 2017) including unlimited entrance to the fair, an invitation to First Night and access to the Club Central lounge
• Invitation for two guests to the Phillips’ “Warhol in China” opening reception at the hotel on 20 March 2017
• Complimentary buffet breakfast at Clipper Lounge or American Breakfast at Café Causette for up to two guests
• A welcome bottle of Ruinart Brut Champagne
• Art-inspired welcome amenity on arrival
Images attached are some of the pictures taken by Andy Warhol in 1982 at Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong during his stay in Suite 1801. Available from 19 March to 2 April 2017, the rate starts at HKD5,688 + 10% service charge per night, subject to availability. Room reservations can be made by contacting the hotel directly on + 852 2820 4202 or by visiting the tempting offers page on our website at www.mandarinoriental.com/hongkong.